Creative Ways to Restore your Spirit –
You are more than a body. You are a spirit wearing a body. Your spirit needs refreshment, renewal, regeneration and restoration on a regular basis. A lot of people never give their spirits what their spirits need.
Your spirit needs to focus within – – to experience gratitude and solitude – to connect with elemental energies and animals – to get beyond the moment and go into a place of timelessness. How do you do that? It might be easier than you think. Here are 7 suggestions you should be able to incorporate into your daily routine right away if you choose.
1. When you get up in the morning do some deliberate deep slow breathing while you remind yourself of something very positive about your life or the upcoming day.
2. When you hold your first cup of coffee or tea, pause and really look at it. Smell it. Appreciate it. Give thanks for all the wonderful refreshing things that are yours.
3. When you leave your house, stop and look around and make note of the trees, and the sky and send out some love to the world you live in.
4. When you arrive safe at your destination, pause and give thanks for safe travel.
5. At different times during the day, and especially at stressful times, just stop whatever you are doing and do nothing while you look at something pleasant. Notice the colors or the textures or the details of whatever you are looking at.
6. Pet an animal or hug a child whenever you get the chance, and give the gift of your full attention while you do.
7. Make a gratitude list and read it over right before you go to bed each night.
These are all suggestions for the practice of mindfulness – being fully present in the moment. Set your imagination free to discover other ways to bring moments of mindfulness and peacefulness into your day. Only you can create the sacred moments that make up your life. Put enough sacred moments together and you become a renewed and peaceful person.